The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a non-profit American public broadcaster and television program distributor. Since its inception, PBS has been a prominent platform for educational programming and high-quality content, ranging from science and history documentaries to drama and arts presentations.
PBS Subscription Plan and Price
PBS content is primarily funded through member station dues, federal funding, and donations from both private foundations and individual citizens. Most of its content is freely accessible over the air and online. However, PBS does offer a membership service known as “PBS Passport” which grants members access to an extended library of content. Prices for PBS Passport can vary by region and are typically set by individual PBS member stations. For the most accurate pricing, users should check with their local PBS station.
download and install PBS on Roku
- Power on your Roku device and access the home screen.
- Use the search function to type “PBS.”
- From the search results, locate the PBS app.
- Click on “Add Channel” to start the download.
- After the process completes, the PBS app will appear on your home screen.
Activate PBS on Roku
- Open the PBS app from the Roku home screen.
- A unique activation code might appear on your screen.
- Using a different device, such as a computer or mobile device, open a web browser and go to the PBS activation webpage.
- Input the activation code displayed on your TV.
- Follow any subsequent steps provided on the webpage.
- After completion, your Roku should refresh, allowing you to access PBS content.